From 8-15 October, as part of Global Debt Week, we’re calling on people across the world to stand in solidarity against unjust debt. Here’s how to join in:
Write down why you think a particular debt is ‘not our debt’ or ‘should not be paid’
- ‘A debt should not be paid if paying it will threaten your health … life before debt!’
- ‘A debt should not be paid if the money was lent to a brutal dictator to buy weapons’
- ‘It is not our debt if banks borrowed and lent the money recklessly’
Take a photo of yourself holding up your message
You can download and print our photo message action sheet to use if you like.
Post your picture on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram using the hashtag #NotOurDebt
(For those not posting in English, it’s important you use the hashtag #NotOurDebt in English as well as your own language, so that it appears on the global messageboard)
View your photo on the #NotOurDebt messageboard
This shows all the messages and photos people are posting around the world: http://tagboard.com/notourdebt
Can’t post your photo? If you don’t use social media, you can send your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will put it up for you.
No camera? If you can’t send a photo you can still take part by writing a message on Twitter or Facebook using the hashtag #NotOurDebt.
Don’t use social media? You can still see the latest photos and messages by going to the #NotOurDebt global tagboard
Share this page!
We want to put together pictures from all around the world to show that the opposition to illegitimate debts is global.
Please help us make this action a global call against illegitimate debt by sharing it with your friends all over the world!
More about Debt Week 2013
- See the global #NotOurDebt messageboard
- Read the Debt Week statement from debt campaigners around the world
- Check out our selection of the best photos from the week so far…